Safeguarding children and young people
The safety of children and young people is a priority for Wiltshire Youth for Christ within our work. All staff and volunteers receive training and a copy of our safeguarding policy, this is the Bath Youth for Christ Safeguarding policy; Wiltshire Youth for Christ is a project of Bath Youth for Christ. Wiltshire Youth for Christ recruit according the Safer Recruitment guidelines. To read our policy please click on the link below:
Good governance is at the heart of the work of Wiltshire Youth for Christ and you can find out more about this here as well as download policies and audits that have been carried out in relation to our work.
We have produced a specific Annual Report for our work in Wiltshire and it can be downloaded here.
Wiltshire Youth for Christ is part of the charity Bath Youth for Christ. However we recognise that our work in Wiltshire needs to be shaped by people in Wiltshire. To facilitate this we have a Wiltshire Youth for Christ Steering Group and members of this group are listed below:
- James Vaughton – Director of Bath and Wiltshire Youth for Christ
- Alison Bennett – Local business owner and church leader at Kingfisher Church in Trowbridge
- Keith Brindle – Vicar at St. James’ Church, Devizes
- Barry Blackford – Rector at St. Michael’s Church in Melksham
- Catherine Haddow – is a Chartered Psychologist and counsellor
To find out more about the governance of Wiltshire Youth for Christ and read the annual report of the charity please click here to go to the Bath Youth for Christ website governance page. Bath Youth for Christ is the parent charity of Wiltshire Youth for Christ.