Connect Mentoring training exists to encourage and equip you as a volunteer to connect with young people in your local community or church and for them to build more positive relationships and lead more fulfilling lives.
The training will:
- Introduce mentoring in a schools and youth work context
- Introduce a simple model for mentoring and practice using it
- Understand and practice using key mentoring skills
- Be motivated to make a personal change through the mentoring you receive from others on the programme
- Help you decide whether mentoring young people in schools with Connect Mentoring is for you at this time.
The training day includes:
- Input on key topics from an experienced professional coach/mentor and youth worker; through informal input and group discussion
- A demonstration of a mentoring session
- An opportunity to put learning into practice, through role-playing mentoring with another person
Our next training event will be Saturday 22 June 2019. See below to sign up!
Here is what a couple of those who have been trained told us following the day:
“I personally want to thank Dan and Wiltshire Youth for Christ. The training day was fantastic, it was really practical and full of great tools to help engage with students. I can’t recommend the training day enough!”
“These first three weeks of mentoring have flown by and in the short time with my mentee I have already learned so much. I have discovered that if you are interested in being there for someone it is very much appreciated and always worthwhile. Open-mindedness is the key here, and learning to really listen to what is needed.”
A suggested donation to help us cover the costs of the training is £20 per person. If you would like to find out more please click here to email us.