Connect Mentoring training exists to encourage and equip you as a volunteer to connect with young people in your local community or church and for them to build more positive relationships and lead more fulfilling lives. The training will:
- Introduce mentoring in a schools and youth work context
- Introduce a simple model for mentoring and practice using it
- Understand and practice using key mentoring skills
- Be motivated to make a personal change through the mentoring you receive from others on the programme
- Help you decide whether mentoring young people in schools with Connect Mentoring is for you at this time.
The training includes:
- Input on key topics from an experienced professional coach / mentor and youth worker; through informal input and group discussion
- A demonstration of mentoring
- An opportunity to put learning into practice, through role-playing mentoring with another person
Here is what a couple of those who have been trained told us following being part of the mentoring
“I personally want to thank Dan and Wiltshire Youth for Christ. The training day was fantastic, it was really practical and full of great tools to help engage with students. I can’t recommend the training day enough!”
“These first three weeks of mentoring have flown by and in the short time with my mentee I have already learned so much. I have discovered that if you are interested in being there for someone it is very much appreciated and always worthwhile. Open-mindedness is the key here, and learning to really listen to what is needed.”
Our next training event will be Saturday 19th January 2019 and we will update this page with a booking form in the Autumn.
The suggested donation to help us cover the costs of the training are £20 per person. If you would like to find out more please click here to email us.